Last updated 1 December 2022.
These terms and conditions explain the basis upon which we contract with you and provide you with access to our website and app. Please read the following terms and conditions before you proceed.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WHILST WE HAVE PUT THE CONTENT TOGETHER WITH A LICENSED THERAPIST, THE CONTENT IS NOT INTENDED IN ANY WAY TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR TREATMENT.
MYNARA IS A GENERAL-PURPOSE INFORMATION SERVICE AND CONTAINS SELF-HELP EDUCATIONAL TOOLS FOR PEOPLE IN RECOVERY. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A DOCTOR OR CONTACT EMERGENCY SERVICES IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU ARE IN A VULNERABLE POSITION.
Who we are and what this App provides
MyNARA is an App operated by My Trauma Therapy Ltd (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 13175819 and our registered office is Montague House Hawksworth Road, Syerston, Newark, England, NG23 5NB. Through our App we provide narcissistic abuse recovery information and support (“Service”) for users over the age of 18.
If you want to learn more about the App or the Service or have any problems using it please take a look at our support resources at mynara.app.
If you think the App or the Service are faulty or misdescribed or wish to contact us for any other reason please email our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are unable to provide advice, support answer any communications about your personal situation. Once again, please seek urgent emergency help if you are in a vulnerable position.
If we must contact you, we will do so by email, using the contact details you have provided to us for your account. You must make sure you have access to that email address and that you tell us of any change to your email by updating your details through the settings page on your account.
Operating system requirements
This App works on a mobile or desktop as a progressive web application, with no need to download or store information to your device.
Update to the App and Changes to the Service
From time to time, we may automatically update the App and change the Service to improve performance, enhance functionality, reflect changes to the operating system or address security issues in respect of both Free Services and Paid Services.
The App or any Service may contain links to other independent websites which are not provided by us. Such independent sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content or their privacy policies (if any). You will need to make your own independent judgement about whether to use any such independent sites, including whether to buy any products or services offered by them.
Use of the App
In return for your agreeing to comply with these terms you may:
· save the App to your home screen and view, use and display the App and the Service on such devices for your personal purposes only.
· create an account by providing your email address and password and confirming your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
You must be 18 to accept these terms.
Changes to these Terms & Conditions
Please note that we reserve the right to revise or amend these terms at any time to reflect changes to our business or changes in the law.
We will give you at least  days’ notice of any change by sending you an SMS with details of the change or notifying you of a change when you next start the App.
If you do not accept the notified changes, you will not be permitted to continue to use the App and the Service.
As you need a password to access your account, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. As the App contains personal information that is sensitive, we strongly suggest you use an entirely unique password for this App that is considered “strong.”
Strong passwords tend to contain a combination of letters, numbers (in both upper and lower case) and special characters. If you lose your password, other people may be able to see your information, access your account and terminate this contract.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com or follow the ‘reset my password’ (provided your email address is still secure) function on your account.
If you wish to delete your account at any time, you can do so within the app. Please note that if you delete your account you will not be entitled to a refund of any Paid Service charges that you have paid.
Subject to the terms and conditions of this agreement, we grant to you a personal non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable, and limited licence to use this App.
You also agree that you will:
· not rent, lease, sub-license, loan, provide, or otherwise make available, the App or the Service in any form, in whole or in part to any person without prior written consent from us;
· not copy or reproduce the App or Service, except as part of the normal use of the App or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security;
· not translate, merge, adapt, vary, alter or modify, the whole or any part of the App, nor permit the App or any part to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs, except as necessary to use the App on devices as permitted in these terms;
· not disassemble, de-compile, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the App or the Services nor attempt to do any such things, except to the extent that (by virtue of sections 50B and 296A of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) such actions cannot be prohibited because they are necessary to obtain the information needed to create an independent program that can be operated with the App or with another program (Permitted Objective), and provided that the information obtained by you during such activities:
• is not disclosed or communicated without our prior written consent to any third party to whom it is not necessary to disclose or communicate it in order to achieve the Permitted Objective; and
• is not used to create any software that is substantially similar in its expression to the App;
• is kept secure; and
• is used only for the Permitted Objective;
· comply with all applicable technology control or export laws and regulations that apply to the technology used or supported by the App or any Service.
· not use the App or any Service in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these terms, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses, or harmful data, into the App, any Service or any operating system;
· not infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the App or any Service (to the extent that such use is not licensed by these terms);
· not transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the App or any Service;
· not use the App or any Service in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users; and
· not collect or harvest any information or data from any Service or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running any Service.
Free and Paid Services
Once you have completed the account registration process, you will have access to the selected free features within the App. We reserve the right to withdraw your access to free content at any time.
The rest of the content, such as access to the Recovery Toolbox, is available on a subscription at the price indicated within the app.
We may change the subscription price from time to time. Any change will only take place from the renewal date of your subscription. We will notify you in advance of any change and you may contact us to cancel this before the change takes effect.
Your subscription will be renewed unless it is cancelled by you.
We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date of the next payment, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay for renewals.
When you place an order for a Paid Service you will be asked to confirm that you consent to immediate access to the Paid Service and that by doing so you acknowledge that this means you lose your statutory right of withdrawal. This means that you do not have the right to cancel this contract and get a refund once the automatic download or access to the Paid Service starts unless the Paid Service is faulty.
MyNARA is the owner and/or the licensee of all intellectual property rights inherent in the App and the Service. Unless specifically stated otherwise, nothing in these terms or on the App shall give effect to any transfer of such intellectual property rights from us to you.
Your sole right to use the intellectual property inherent in the App is a non-exclusive licence to make use of such content only as is strictly necessary to enable you to access the App and to peruse its contents and use the Service.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the App must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on the App for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us (or our licensors.)
Do not solely rely on information on this App
The content on the App is provided for general information only and is not an offer to provide goods or services. The content is not intended to amount to medical advice on which you should rely, and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness. If you feel you are in a crisis, you must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our App. If you choose to take any action based on the content you have read on this App, you do so voluntarily and at your own risk. We are not responsible for any consequences that result from your reliance on the content on our App.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our App, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our App is accurate, complete or up to date.
Some of the information services the App provides, such as our day tracker and use of the Recovery Toolbox, require you to input information into the App. The output from these functionalities does not constitute advice and are based upon the inputs from you.
When we are liable for damage to your property.
If defective digital content that we have supplied damages a device or digital content belonging to you, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
We are not liable for business losses.
The App is for domestic and private use. If you use the App for any commercial, business or resale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Please back-up content and data used with the App.
We recommend that you back up any content and data used in connection with the App, to protect yourself in case of problems with the App or the Service.
Check that the App and the Service are suitable for you.
The App and the Service have not been developed to meet your individual requirements. Please check that the facilities and functions of the App and the Service (as described in the MyNARA website) meet your requirements.
We are not responsible for events outside our control.
If our provision of the Service or support for the App or the Service is delayed by an event outside our control, then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end your contract with us and receive a refund for any Service you have paid for but not received.
Indemnity and guarantees
You acknowledge that you are responsible for any material that you post on this App and that if you breach any of these terms and conditions you may be personally liable to us or any third party that suffers harm as a result.
You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified us, our successors and assigns, our directors, trustees, offices, employees and agents from and against all liabilities, claims, losses, costs, damages and expenses including legal fees which are reasonably incurred by us should you breach any of these terms and conditions.
This indemnity includes your use of the information you read on the App, together with any introduction or collaboration that you enter into as a result of viewing this App.
Guarantees in relation to the Paid Service:
- The Consumer Rights Act 2015 gives you certain legal rights in relation to what you have paid for and the content must be of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and match its description.
- We must therefore provide content that complies with these rights.
o We will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is free from malicious content, viruses and defects.
o We do not promise that it is compatible with any software or device except where we have stated in the applicable App store.
- Where the Paid Service does not meet the requirements above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want us to fix the problem or receive a refund.
Consequences of breaching terms
Failure to comply with these terms constitutes a breach of the terms upon which you are permitted to use the App, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
· immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the App;
· issue of a warning to you;
· legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
· further legal action against you; or
· disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
If we end your rights to use the App and Service:
· you must stop all activities authorised by these terms, including your use of the App and any Service.
· you must delete or remove the App from all devices in your possession and immediately destroy all copies of the App which you have and confirm to us that you have done this.
· we may remotely access your devices and remove the App from them and cease providing you with access to the Services.
Transfer to another organisation
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
No rights for third parties
This Agreement does not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this Agreement.
If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force
Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings
Please note that these terms and conditions of use, and their subject matter are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.